Unfortunately, this event is cancelled due to the Yellowknife 2023 Wildfire season
The 2023 Yellowknife Overland Sports Marathon will be staged at Overlander Sports, in the heart of Yellowknife.
This year will feature a loop of 10.55km starting and ending at Overland Sports. The course will be hilly and challenging.
- 1/4 marathon runners/walkers will do one loop (10.55km)
- 1/2 marathon runners/walkers will do two loops (21.1km)
- 3/4 marathon runners/walkers will do 3 loops (31.65km)
- full marathon runners/walkers will do 4 loops (42.2km)
There will be water and food stations on the course and a bathroom at Overlander Sports.
For teams all exchanges/transitions will take place at the start and finish area (Overlander Sports).
Online registration ends the Friday before the event at 11:59pm (Aug 18). No registration on the day of the event.
Race Day Schedule
- Race bib pick up 0700
- Pre-race brief 0745
- Race starts 0800
After the race join us for refreshments at Overlander Sports!
We’ve got a more city-wide scenic route for this year’s marathon. Click this link to goto the full map with the course, or click the image below:
Yellowknife Overlander Sports Marathon Course 2023
Course will be marked at key locations, but please refer to this map before the race to ensure you know where you are going.
- START at the Overlander Sports parking lot
- Head down the alley and cross the road onto the Frame Lake trail
- Run towards the Museum
- Turn right out towards the Chateau Nova and cross road onto path
- Enter Niven trail and run clockwise on trail
- Run 3/4 of the trail and exit onto Niven Drive
- Turn right onto Niven and run to Franklin Ave
- Turn Left on Franklin and run to Old School Draw Ave
- Continue all the way to the end at the entrance to Tin Can Hill
- Continue straight onto the trail that goes around Rat Lake
- Follow trail all the way to the little parking lot at Con Rd.
- Turn right, and follow Con Rd to Forrest Dr.
- Turn left onto Forrest Dr and continue to Taylor Road.
- Run past Ecole William McDonald and continue out and cross Franklin intersection. Continue to Old Airport Road to McDonalds.
- Cross the intersection and run past McDonalds down to the hospital and enter the Frame Lake Trail
- Follow Frame Lake Trail back to the City Hall and out onto 49th Ave back to Overlander Sports Parking Lot.
- 1/4 Marathon: 1 loop
1/2 Marathon: 2 loops
3/4 Marathon: 3 loops
Full Marathon: 4 loops
Custom Overlander Sports Running Hat
The first 80 registrants will receive a custom Overlander Sports Marathon running hat!
Refunds: Due to the nature and planning for this race, we are unable to offer refunds for this event. We have committed to donating a large portion of proceeds to the Arctic Indigenous Wellness Foundation, and would like to honour that donation. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but rest assured your participation fee will still go towards the donation to the AIWF.